Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Oh my, I can hardly believe Halloween has come and gone! We had a great weekend and Halloween will likely continue for a day or two more (we only got one pumpkin carved). I can't go without finishing my pumpkin! This year we made a return to Tuacahn's Thriller and it made my day. It was so good. I just wish they didn't get rid of the "Children of the Corn" hip hop dance. Does anyone remember that one but me?


The only thing that could ever keep me away from Thriller is the dumb zombies. For those of you who don't know, these zombies walk around and scare you on purpose while you are waiting for the show to begin, during intermission, and as you are leaving. The worst part is that they get all in your personal space and don't get a hint. I seriously have anxiety through the roof when we go and watch my back like a crazy. Of course, Sam decided to leave his seat for a minute and a lovely zombie took his seat. At least I saw her coming. Can you see how close she is sitting by me?! The best part of the picture is Brian in the background (friend of a friend who came with our group... who I hadn't met until then :) ).

Ta dah! Here we are. Clowy the butterfly, me (Velma from Scooby Doo), Macy the cat, and Sam a Ghostbuster. I can't tell you how many little kids thought I was Dora. I didn't bother trying to explain it. They were too excited.





Clowy, begging to go inside. She's the only one with no Halloween spirit at our house... even less than Sam, who at least doesn't throw a fit anymore when he has to dress up :).


Our friend Ashlee, who also made the skirt for my costume. The original skirt was a little not-so-modest so we had to go and make another. Everyone should be super thankful to her that you didn't have to see it.


Macy in her haunted wagon, ready to go trick or treating.


The first door!


We practiced for a few days (aka bribing with mini M&Ms) saying "Happy Halloween" and "Trick or Treat!" We got it on video and if I figure out how to put it on here I will upload it.

After she figured out people were just handing out candy, she would walk away looking for the next house saying, "More candy?" over and over again.

Macy, winning over all the old ladies on our street.

We didn't go to too many houses (we wanted to pass candy out at ours), but Macy got a LOAD of candy. I think she ate three suckers while sitting in her wagon. She would have the one she was eating in one hand, and as many as she could fit in her other hand.

This is a pretty flattering picture, huh? Sucker in one hand, pixie stick in another, belly hanging out, and pant leg hiked up. Awesome. We now have to hide all the candy because Macy begs for it ALL the time. What's wrong with candy for breakfast?

2 comments:

PSC said...

Way cute!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Lorraine said...

love the belly picture - classic