Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Service at the Care Center

Macy had to come with me to a Young Women's activity tonight while Sam was at a game. We were in charge of a Family Home Evening at a local rehabilitation center. It was only a half hour, and we did musical numbers and sang hymns. This sounds horrible, but afterwards I told a few people that I liked Macy for a whole half hour... some days, this is quite a feat.

Macy LOVED it. She stood by me while we were in front of everyone singing hymns, and she "conducted" the songs with both hands. She put on quite the show for everyone. Then, when it was my turn to introduce myself, Macy told me she wanted to go to the microphone by herself. I knew this was either going to be really good, or really bad... but figured, why not? I had to hold Macy up in front of me so she could reach the microphone. She grabbed it with both hands and said quite clearly... "My name is Macy. My favorite color is pink. I like to go to the park... and I am three."

It was the cutest thing. It made my day (well, just being at the care center with all of those people made my day, but this was the cherry on top). When Sam got home I had Macy tell him about it. She told Sam that there were a bunch of old people, and that they were sad (I never said that to her!). When Sam asked why they were sad, she said, "Because they don't have enough customers." After a few giggles, I said, "Do you mean visitors?" Who says little ones don't understand what's going on?

No comments: