Our church had a "Fall Festival" that the Young Women were in charge of... shoot me. I never want to be in charge of something so huge ever again. We planned for 275 people and all I know is that I didn't see many empty seats and I was too busy to try to count. Sam and I had an argument about costumes. Well, not what we were wearing (I had that planned a year in advance!) but when we would wear them. Sam said he only dressed up once each year. I told him he had to wear the costume because I wanted to win the costume contest, and for crying out loud, I was in charge of the thing and had to be the MC.
Here's how it turned out. Sam refused to wear make up or the eyebrows. His way of rebelling. Someone pointed out (I'll keep the name confidential) that Sam looked like a pimp. They were right! See what happens when you only do half a costume?! Some people at the party didn't recognize me, which I was totally okay with. I also had to explain that Sam and I were characters from the new Alice in Wonderland and that Macy was the traditional Alice... I was also okay with that too. What I wasn't okay with was that my hat/hair was a little crooked and NO ONE told me the WHOLE night. Seriously?! I have no true friends. As it turned out, our family won the "Judge's Favorite" award. Macy was just happy to win more candy.
There's our Alice!
We had a children's costume parade across the stage, which was lined with all the pumpkins entered in the pumpkin carving contest. Here Macy is hamming it up with her friend Emma, aka Little Red Riding Hood, behind her. A big thanks to my friend Brooke, who took all the pictures of our family. Sam had the camera but the only ones that turned out were these next two...
This is Brooke's husband, Ben, and their littlest girl. He was a UFC fighter and had the coolest hair I've ever seen. It was awesome.
And I'm pretty sure there's never been a better looking Bumble Bee. Thanks for the random, yet somehow still great pictures Sam :).








No comments:
Post a Comment