Side Note: In case you are wondering why it has taken me so long to post these pictures, I told myself that I had to get my taxes turned in and my paperwork done (for work) before I could work on this. It only took me like three weeks :)
For Macy's birthday we decided that we would go up north and spend her special day with Sam's family. First we went to the zoo (and Sam's family are all troopers because the weather was cruddy the entire time), and then we went back to Sam's sister's to have cake and ice cream and open presents. It was a perfect day, despite the less than perfect, freezing weather (at least freezing to those who live in sunny St. George). Thank you to Sam's family for enduring the entire day, and for helping out with all the details. It was a great day!
The Zoo

We found that even though Macy LOVES animals, it seems that seeing them in real life is a little bit different than seeing them in picture books. Anything that resembled cats or birds were acceptable, but everything else was a little on the scary side. Even the monkeys made Macy nervous with all their hollering and swinging. Seeing them behind glass didn't even help. The only exception were the giraffes. They didn't move quickly so I think she thought they were tolerable.

If you look a little into the background you can see that it is POURING rain. Even the animals ran for cover.

If you look closely you can see that it is STILL pouring. This is Grandpa with cousin, Addie. Seriously, Sam's family are troopers. Gold stars for them for this one...

Ryan, Rachel, Easton and Liya, with Addie and Grandpa in the background. I love Ryan's courtesy smile :).
Macy pointing at the penguins, who were probably the only animals we saw that loved the crappy weather. They were swimming around like crazy in the rain, all honking at each other (or whatever you call the noises penguins make).

Dinner with the giraffes...
Grandpa and Grandma with Macy in the rainforest, checking out the birds and trying to warm up.

I think the best part of the entire zoo for Macy was the carousel. Who needs real animals? Grandma probably picked the perfect animals for Macy to ride... a big kitty cat. Macy couldn't have been happier.

Petting the kitty cat.

Hurry, get a picture... it's not raining for a second!
Macy is checking out the shoes of the random girl who was taking the picture.

2 comments:
I still think Macy is the cutest kid I have ever seen!!! Sorry we missed the party and all the festivities, but I am glad it was a hit. I can't believe she is already one and I have only seen her once!! Sad.
SUCH a cute girl! And hey, at least the zoo wasn't crowded, right?
Post a Comment