Saturday, April 25, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake... or just play with it.

Okay, first of all, there is a story about the cake. So, I try my hardest to find an animal cake that I like that will go with our zoo/animal theme. I finally found something I at least liked, but decide I will change it up a bit. Here is the cake I ordered...

I ask the bakery if they can do this exact cake, but leave the figures off because in each of their places I will add my own Little People zoo animals that we already have. When they asked if I wanted writing on it, I told them that I would ideally like "Happy 1st Birthday Macy," but realize that there likely won't be enough room and that it's okay with me if they leave it off. I figure that'd be easy enough, right? Well, here is a picture of what I got...

I can't even tell you how hard I laughed when we picked up the cake. I think the only reason I laughed instead of cried was because Rachel (Sam's sister) gave us this awesome coupon, making the cake free. Look at it! I mean, seriously, I could have done a better job myself, and I am no cake decorater. I think I figured the cake would look a little more screen printed instead of county fair air brushed with hawaiian colors. I couldn't even put my Little People zoo animals on it without making it look even more ghetto, so thankfully we had these bright colored, zoo animal candles (that went with the rest of our decorations) that I just stuck on there. Oh my gosh, I still can't believe it :). I mean, is it just me who thinks this about the cake?


And this is Macy's adorable, individual cake. Sam's mom made it for Macy and it was so darn cute (and tasty!). Thank you to Grandma!



I don't think Macy paid too much attention to our singing or to the lit candle because she was too busy staring at the huge cake :). The following are about a hundred pictures of Macy eating her cake. I coudln't resist... scroll as fast as you want.

Cousins: Addie, Macy, Easton, and Liya

I would love to know what she was thinking. This was her last smile before Dad gave her face a gentle nudge into her cake...

And there she sat, not knowing what to think. Frosting in her nose...

Somebody save me!

As you can see, not much damage to the cake. The frosting and sprinkles are the best part anyway, right?

Party hangover... the next morning.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

I've been laughing for like, 10 minutes. That cake is PRICELESS!!! Ohmigosh, I'm dying. That's the worst cake I've ever SEEN. And it was free! (It better have been!)

Oh. Phew. My stomach hurts.

And yes, she is the cutest little girl ever. EVER.