Friday, November 20, 2009

We are in trouble...

One night earlier this week we were at the dinner table and much to my dismay little Miss Macy decided to chuck her plate of half-eaten food on the floor. I was so done with her at that point and she absolutely knows that throwing food off her tray will push my buttons. I did a mini time-out with her while she was sitting there by taking hold of her hand closest to me, asking her to look at my eyes (so I can talk to her and know she is hearing me), and then waiting for her to make eye contact. Sam had gotten up to get something but was watching us, trying not to laugh (but I was beyond thinking anything was funny). Macy immediately says "Oww!" like I am hurting her hand by holding it and I'm pretty sure my response was, "Macy, that doesn't hurt." (Good one, me.) I could hear Sam laugh as he turned away from us so Macy didn't see him. Like she couldn't hear him :). Well, that fed Macy's confidence enough for her to bust out a new sign. She looked right at me and said, "Mommy grumpy!" while signing both words (grumpy being the one we have never seen her do until then) with her free hand. I couldn't stop laughing. We are in big trouble with her!

2 comments:

Julie Winder said...

Danielle you are so in trouble. Good thing she is so absolutely adorable. Those little lips and eyes could definitely get her anything. I can't believe how grown up she is. You are such a cute mom!

Amber! said...

I couldn't stop laughing reading this! Girls!!!!