Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What the crap?... literally

So I went to work today and during an appointment I saw that Sam was calling. I figured if it was important enough he would leave a message. He did. When I returned his call he said he wanted to tell me something that happened to Macy. I thought, oh great, she got hurt. So I asked if she tried to climb out of her crib (which she has yet to try) but that wasn't it.
As Sam is telling me the story I try to imagine myself going through the same motions... walking into Macy's room after her nap, only to stand in the doorway awestruck. Apparently what he found was Macy, completely naked in her crib. She had taken all of her clothes off (which she has never done before) including her diaper. She had thrown everything out of her crib, including the diaper, which of course, was poopy. So there sat Macy in her now poopy crib.
I couldn't believe it. I think the first thing I said after the shock was, "Did you talk to her about it and tell her she shouldn't do that?" Sam said that he was just stunned and didn't quite know what to do at that moment. Laugh? Cry? Be angry? I told him I was glad it was him and not me. I would have either wanted to kill her or cry because it was just one more thing. Sam said he was just glad that she didn't have it on her face or anything (like she had been trying to eat it). Nice.
One of the good things about being a therapist is having great access to other therapists, and luckily since I was at work already, all I had to do was look around. Who could I tell this to and ask if Macy is normal or a kid with issues? And who could I tell and not have them think I was an idiot? Of the people I braved to tell, thankfully they all said it's normal. I am hoping they weren't just being nice and then saying stuff like "Can you believe that?" after I left.

4 comments:

Hight Family said...

Normal I hope, cause I'll never forget walking in after the twins nap and seeing Poop all over the wall and them smiling really big, very proud of the artwork left all over the wall! Now that they're 8, it's one of the stories we laugh about. I was definitely not laughing at the time, I'm pretty sure I cried.

PSC said...

I think Percy would also die. I am laughing because I know, just know, that is going to happen to us one day!!

Maggie said...

Okay, so I am sitting here laughing right out loud because the same thing happened the other day with our little Gunner when he was supposed to be taking a nap. What a stinker! It was surprising, disgusting and kind of funny all at the same time. Yikes-so naughty. I was just sad that I was the one who found it and not Justin (finders keepers, right?)- you are way lucky you were at work:)

karen said...

maddie did that all the time. two words. duct tape. we had to tape her diaper on for several months.