Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Big 3-0... Should I Even Admit That?

So this year my birthday seemed to last for over a week... not that I'm complaining! First, Sam's family had a birthday dinner for me. Pasta, balloons, flowers, gifts, ice cream cake... who could ask for more?! Not to mention that Rachel, Amanda, and I went to see Eclipse earlier that afternoon. I wished I had worn a Team Jacob shirt, that's for sure! Anyway, no pictures on all that, but it was a great surprise and thank you to all!

A few days later, Sam sent me to a super fancy spa. He called my friends Becky and Anita (Julie and Lorraine couldn't make it) and had them meet me for lunch at the spa before all my treatments. I'm sure it took a little effort on his part because I didn't know about it until that morning :). So this restaurant is my new favorite. Healthy, fresh, all natural (hmm, not sure I can verify that one), detox type foods. Delicious! After lunch Sam had scheduled a massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. Each were an hour long. I could get used to that!

Below is the only picture on my actual birthday. Sam had soccer camp, Macy had swimming lessons, and I went to Tuacahn to see Cats with the Young Women. With all of that and a car that decided not to start, we didn't even have time to do anything else.

So the next day after I came home from work, we finally had my ice cream cake. Does it matter if it's 9pm and Macy is ready to go to bed?


Probably my favorite birthday picture. Macy REALLY wanted to eat the cake... right then. Thanks again for the flowers Mom and Dad!

Macy composed herself so we could light the cake on fire. Good thing it's ice cream.

And we save the best for last. Sam said that he kept asking Macy what she wanted to get me for my birthday and she kept saying she wanted to buy earrings. Sam took her to the mall to let her pick them out and what does she pick? ...

Still can't tell?

Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. I wish they were, but they aren't. Pink pig heads with rhinestone tiaras. Seriously? I think the rhinestones in the nostrils are a nice touch, don't you?

Right away Macy said, "Mom, will you put on your pig earrings please?" What do you say to that? When I put her to bed, she checked both my ears to make sure they were still in. We can only hope she'll forget about them in the morning ;).

Macy's birthday card, with Sam's translations.

The inside reads: Mommy, I love you because you play, sing songs (she said this about 10 times over and over again), play games, go to the park, see the space ranger movie, and take me to mommy's work.
Sam's card (also handmade) had some advice from a "seasoned 30 something." Here it is:
*You are tired all the time.
*Sweats are ok for going out in.
*You have lost almost all competative spirit.
*When one person takes a nap you are allowed to nap also.
Look at all I have to look forward to!

7 comments:

Lyndsi said...

Happy Birthday Danielle! It looks like you were loved and celebrated lots in honor of your big day. You certainly deserve every bit of it. Love Macy's choice of earrings for you - what a cutie. Welcome to club 30!

jfishmag said...

Danielle, I'm glad you had a great birthday! I expect to see the awesome princess pig earrings on the next time I see you! Earrings that fancy are perfect for church.

Sis. Connell said...

Wow .. it looks like the jewelry choices were interesting all around! Seriously, receipts are wonderful.

Robin Sant said...

I hope you had a great 30th birthday. It definatly sounds like you had a great day. I love the pig earings the best. Way to go Mace!!!

Celeste Dodge said...

Happy Birthday!! So what restaurant is it? I couldn't figure it out, but it sounds delish.

Sam and Danielle said...

It is the Canyon Breeze Restaurant at Red Mountain Spa... fantastic!

Stacy and Mike said...

30 Looks GREAT ON YOU! I bet those pig earrings do too!