Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Is Dora dry?"

Yes, I put it off until I no longer could. On Monday Macy asked if we could go buy some "big girl Dora underwear." She knew what it was because she had seen all the big girl underwear at Target about a month ago and just couldn't stop talking about it. So, off we went to Target. I thought we would be in and out of there, but apparently it is not as easy to pick out your first packages of underwear as one would think. Macy was bummed to find out iCarly underwear didn't come in her little size, then she wanted Ni Hao Kai-Lan underwear but her size was out. After having to then convince her that she couldn't have Thomas the Train or Cars underwear, it was narrowed to Dora and Tinkerbell, or so I thought. Macy looked over and said she wanted "Gabba Gabba" underwear. What? Really? She HATES Yo Gabba Gabba. Macy insisted. So we got her "Gabba Gabba" and I decided to throw in the Doras.

The rest of the week is what felt like a bit of a nightmare. The first few days we didn't go anywhere and had Macy running around bare-bummed. We went to the potty every 45 minutes or so, but somehow still peed on the floor three or four times. And in her bed once. But you know what's worse than pee to clean up? Yep, poop.
On Wednesday I took Macy to her room for a time-out and within a minute, she pooped on her floor. Not only that, but she stepped in it with her Tinkerbell flip flops and then stepped on her Toy Story book. Nice. That's when I decided she would wear her underwear. By noon I was ready to kill her but thankfully my friend, Lorraine called and wanted to go out to lunch. Macy was wearing Foofa underwear (from Yo Gabba Gabba) and I told her she had to keep Foofa dry. I then bribed her by saying if she kept Foofa dry, I would give her an M&M when we got home. To my surprise, Macy did it. However, now starts the "I have to go potty every store I go into so I can see the bathroom" phase.
Later on Wednesday I cheerfully went to work. During a meeting I got a text from Sam saying "Macy foofad in her Foofas." I could barely hold in the laughter. Then he texted saying he thought Macy had to go, looked over and saw her "clutching her kitchen." SO GROSS. The only good thing about Wednesday? Macy seemed to be in control of her peeing, and even woke up dry from her nap.
Thursday came with no peeing accidents, and another foofa in her Foofas. We starting uping the bribes. I had already bought her a "Rev Up Monster Truck" and she really wanted it out of the packaging. Then we added M&Ms and what Macy calls a "dance party." When asked what music she wanted to dance to, Macy said "Single Ladies" (Beyonce). I said, whatever you want!
Friday came and by now Macy was waking up dry in the morning as well.
Things were going well and then we went to Sam's school to help get his room ready. LCD projectors are great for watching movies, by the way! Macy kept saying she had to go potty, and by the third time of taking her with nothing going on, I was sick of it. We walked back to Sam's classroom and she pooped. Figures. So we change her and then she says she has to go potty again. This time I don't let the little wolf go, and what does she do? Climbs on a chair and pees. Seriously?!!
Saturday- about ready to quit. My mom had called and told Macy she would buy her a FurReal pet (the big one Macy has been eyeing at the store for months) if she would poop in the potty. So, add that to the truck, M&Ms, and dance party. We went to Sam's classroom again and at least there were no accidents. We went home and I told Macy we could take her on a date if she would poop in the potty. She said "and do what?" and I said we could do whatever she wanted. What did she ask to do? Go to the airport and ride in a helicopter. Serves me right. So after dinner Macy says to Sam, "Dad, can you change my diaper?" Sam hurried to check her and she was dry, then figured out that she wanted him to put a diaper on her. I don't think so! We ran to the bathroom and she FINALLY pooped. She said, "I can get my kitty cat now!" And after some M&Ms, opening her truck, and having a "Single Ladies" dance party, we went to get it...

So has anyone checked to see how much money one of those big FurReal kitty cats costs? $50! I thought I was in trouble until Macy insisted that she have the baby one. The only one they had left was a puppy, but Macy didn't care. She only wanted that one (and hooray for us who saved a bundle!).


We saw this rainbow on the way to the store. I am hoping it is a sign for the light at the end of the tunnel at our house. God bless all who are amid potty training. I almost killed someone.

5 comments:

CNeilson said...

I shouldn't have read your post tonight, because I'm trying to talk myself into training CJ. I know he is ready . . . it is me that is NOT! I'm just not sure I'm ready for the messes....maybe next week :)

Celeste Dodge said...

Those big kitties in case she wants one (or for Christmas) were on clearance at the Bloomington Walmart(I think) for $30!

Robin Sant said...

Thanks for the laugh Mace and Mom. That was too funny. I can only laugh with you though because I know exactly what your going through. I'm just glad none of mine thought of a helicopter ride....LOL :)

Julie Winder said...

Hey Danielle. I miss you! Love your posts. You are good writer, your photography is amazing and your cute little one is growing up. Glad you had an awesome birthday! Sad, I missed out on the fun.

Stacy and Mike said...

Amen SISTA!