Where to start? I have been debating whether or not I should even post this, mostly because it's a little embarrassing. There are some days that I am convinced that Macy is pure monster. She can throw one heck of a tantrum, and for the most part has reserved the most severe tantrums for home. The only good news? She is on her best behavior with other people. The super naughty stuff happens only when I am present. Not Sam, me.
Did I mention the hitting that goes along with these tantrums? And the throwing of objects? Well, don't stop reading yet, it gets even better...
Here's the background: Macy loves any "show" that has animals, especially cats and dogs. 101 Dalmations is one of her favorites. She makes us fast forward through a few "scary" parts, but aside from that Macy is convinced this movie was made just for her. She also loves to sing the Cruella De Vil song. Well, it's a little hard for her, so it's really just the end of the main chorus that says "Cruella, Cruella, De Vil" (emphasis on the De Vil, with a little twang on the "Vil" that sounds like "veal"). Now, I am sure we would all agree that Cruella shouldn't be anyone's heroine, let alone a two year old's heroine. I have ignored some of the things she says, hoping Macy wouldn't pick it up. Too late for that. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago...
Macy was mad for who knows what reason and I told her to go to time out. She walked right up to me, saying "no" and "never" (part of her normal tantrum routine) and cocked her arm back to hit me (also part of her normal tantrum routine). Next came the part I wasn't expecting. While hitting me she shouts, "Gidiot!"
It took me a few minutes to figure out what she had said and where she had gotten it from. I was really hoping she wasn't saying "idiot," but quickly realized she thinks the word is "gidiot." It didn't take long to put together where she heard it from. Cruella! She says it way too often in the movie. "You idiots!" Thanks a lot, Disney.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Cruella De Vil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Yeah. Disney teaches kids all sorts of wonderful words. I do like her originality in picking her favority character, though! No Ariel for Macy!!!
Good luck. I'd give you advice but sadly, nothing works for my kids but time!!!! :)
I seriously love it. How do they pick up on those things. Gracie gave me the "you're ruining my life" phrase that she stole from a barbie movie. Silly girls. Don't take the tantrums too personally. Hope things are going well.
Can we use that word at work? Just asking?
Haha - that happens with Paige. A month ago I hugged her too hard and she said "you're killin' me smalls" I died of laughter.
Hey, I'm in Provo. We need to get together. Call me 801-722-4636
Post a Comment