Friday, January 2, 2009

December's Holiday Snapshots

(This is the world's longest post. Read from the bottom and work your way up)

We made it home! What a busy month!


At the airport, waiting to board the plane home. What was so different? We aren't sure. All we know is that Macy was an angel compared to the first flight. Thank heavens.


I had to crop this picture to make sure that my dad's sweet tat was in it. Too bad you can't make it out too well.


Gabe, Macy, and Jason.


My sister was going through boxes of her old stuff and found Godzilla. We thought it might scare Macy because his face was kind of freaky but nope, didn't phase her. Probably because she looks at me every morning and smells my Godzilla breath. She loves it.



Macy wasn't sure about Grandpa feeding her at first. She just wanted to sit and watch him.


Macy had never had a bath in the sink. She got a kick out of it.


Yet another blow out. And happy about it.


Ohio was having a heat wave when we got there (we aren't complaining). This is how Macy and I dressed for a walk one day. The best winter weather in Ohio I have ever seen. Until it snowed two days before we left.


Where was Sam, you ask? Right about here... the whole week. I think he got his TV watching fill for the year. Probably not, but for me he did :). And no making fun of the retro chair he's in. That was my favorite chair ever when I was little (it was my great aunt's and then my mom swiped it when she died, just kidding, no one else probably wanted it).


Lots of hanging out. Grandpa had to learn to share his remotes.


Macy could sit at that piano forever. Gabe is a good teacher. Seriously, she's a music teacher :). And that is the piano she would play for HOURS a day while we were growing up. I would have to bribe her to get her to stop playing the blasted thing.


Macy opened so many presents that it took her a day or two to get to playing with all of them. I don't think she minded.


And Great Uncle Chris.


And Gabe (my sister, who I have always thought looks more like Macy than I do).

Macy finally met Great Grandma Macy.


So we came home for one night after seeing Sam's family, to turn around the next day and catch a plane to go and see my family. This is Macy opening her gift (a little early) from Santa. It's the Fisher Price Nativty set.




This is the last picture we took until we got to Ohio. That should probably give you a little hint as to how bad the traveling went. I can't even express in words how AWFUL the flight was. We were the ones with a crying and sometimes screaming baby, oh and dare I forget the blow out. Sam went into the mini bathroom to change her and he took so long that there was a line of like six people waiting by the time he got out of there. Four hours of hell... seriously. We thought we were going to die. I'm sure the people around us wanted to throw us out of the plane. The only thing that could have made it worse is if she would have thrown up.


Everyone should have matching Jamaican-knit hats, right? (uh, no they aren't Christmas presents in case you're wondering :)) Long story...


Macy is showing off her clapping skills to Grandpa.

Grandma and Macy are reading her new "Baby Bible." She loves to turn the pages and chew on the corners. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

After family pictures, Sam's parents treated everyone to dinner at the Olive Garden. Yum! Next to Sam is Percy(brother-in-law), Sarah (sister), and Matthew (brother). This trip was the first time Percy and Sarah were able to meet Macy. I need to put more pics of everyone... but I am trying to be as brief as I can in this update and then I will go back and add things in. When I get to it :).


We did get to see snow for Christmas afterall! It was snowing so hard that after Sam finished the driveway and sidewalk the first time, he had to start all over again.

Playing with cousin, Liya. Even though Macy doesn't looked thrilled, she loved playing with (or should I say playing next to) Liya. Macy could just watch her all day long.


We traveled to see Sam's family first, the weekend before Christmas. Macy did pretty well traveling so we were grateful (just wait...). This picture is after she refused to be an angel in the family's little nativity (who wouldn't like to wear glittery garland?) and by the looks of it is unsure whether or not she wants anything to do with that little present. Her first present-opening experience. She was still unsure of the present once she saw it was a My Little Pony. Crazy girl.

A bunch of friends got together one night to go to a live Nativity. All I remember is how darn cold it was and that Macy screamed until I went to the back to stand with her (it was too loud for her and she was scared to pieces). Not that the nativity wasn't great, but the highlight of the evening was going back to our friend's house for hot chocolate, cookies, ice cream, and gift exchanges. We had a such a good time!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We are still freezing here in OH. sorry to hear it was a rough flight. Did you have direct flights? As for blowouts...I was traveling alone and Paige had a blowout while I was holding her waiting to get off the plane in Atlanta (layover). Yes, it was all over my shirt. I had thought to pack extra clothing for her, but didn't even think I'd need some. So happy the blowout days are gone. :)

Anita Day said...

I'm not sure if your family likes Macy or not. Ha! I bet they are so grateful to you for coming to spend that time with them.

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

Fun holiday photos. She is darling!I loved the matching hats, so cute.

Lyndsi said...

Looks like you had a very fun and eventful Holiday! It's so fun to see pictures of your cute little Macy - and Danielle, you look gorgeous!! I sure miss seeing you guys. :)

Sam and Danielle said...

You guys are all too kind! So yes we did have direct flights... I don't think we would have done it any other way. I just wish we would have paid for her to have her own seat. I think that would have helped...maybe.