So I have some friends who are the nicest people... and I really do want to be like them but I just don't think it's ever going to happen. Example: gifts from your spouse. How many of you are so grateful for a gift that you just ooh and aah over it and say thank you even if you would have never picked it out or don't plan to use/wear it, ever? I want to be like you. I really do. But those of you who know us know that Sam and I don't work that way. I mean, we say thank you and really do mean it, but then we are known for returning gifts and getting something we want :). Thanks for the thought honey; now I'm going to get something better! Hahaha. Here's the most recent gift giving trade:
Sam got me these Keen shoes for Christmas. He said he was going to get me a size "5 or 6" but decided to call his sister first, thank heavens. I have no idea why Sam couldn't have checked the size of the other Keen shoes he bought me, but whatever. Anyway, the size he got was a half size too big and so we needed to send them back. Sam says to me, "Well, since we are returning them anyway, do you want to see what else they have?" You know my answer! Plus, when Sam asked me if I really liked them, I may have said something like, "Are you trying to make me look like I'm 30 already?" I'm going to use that one as long as I can. Does anyone else think these shoes look a little "older?" If no one wants to agree, I will just let you know that most of the shoe's reviews said something like "I got these for my 55 year old mom and she can walk forever without any foot pain." So here's what I'm getting instead:
Merry Christmas to me, and thank you, Sam! :) I may never turn into the earthy girl you secretly hope for, but this is as close as I get.







4 comments:
Can I take offense to the shoes looking 30ish? Yep, I think I will. Love the story and the 2nd pair is too cute. Reading through past posts, isn't that dumb "train ride" at the Tuachan dumb? Seriously just at least drive through the parking lot where the tree's are lit! I also love the Mickey Mouse card story. Awwwwwww!
I love the shoes! I really want to be an earthy girl too. The inner granola in me wants to come out.
I just found your blog, and hope I can see you and your girl sometime before she becomes an adult! Love ya!
ps this is cousin Kathy
I just went through all your latest posts, so glad you are back again. :) I've been laughing the entire time, that little Macy is so cute! Love the new car, loved all your stories, wish we lived closer. You'll probably need to have like, 8 more kids. :) She's so cute.
You guys crack me up!
Post a Comment