Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Break

It's nice to have a spouse that's a teacher. They have the best work schedules (unless it's soccer season). We were able to do a lot of hanging out, especially since Sam had a full two weeks off.

We all get spoiled when Grandma and Grandpa come. Sam and I get to go out by ourselves and Macy has the grandparent's undivided attention. It's a win-win. Come visit any time!


One day we went to Zions. It was a pretty nice day, so we thought we'd take Macy on one of the easy hikes.
And we're off...

Still going...

Uh, time to turn around. That is ice. We didn't think about the shaded part of the path and how it doesn't get much sun during the day at all. Sam and Macy seemed to be doing okay, but it was as if I was wearing shoes with no tread or something.

So we then decided we would take more of a "path" instead of a hike. I stopped to check out the cotton plants.

Self portrait. We look awesome, I know. Macy was ticked and Sam was trying out his mountain man beard.

We didn't get too far on this path either... Macy loved the bridge, and was happy to play on it, hoping for dogs to come walking by with their owners (lucky for her we saw several).

Macy and Sam, laughing about who knows what. :)

No comments: