Sunday, April 25, 2010

Let the Dora festivities begin...

I am not a big fan of most licensed characters, but when your two year old tells everyone she is going to have a Dora cake, you just make it work.

And there you have it... Dora pinata and all.

This is Macy's reaction to the candy coming out of the pinata.
So if you don't already know, they make some pinatas with ribbons that you can pull to open the pinata instead of having to beat it with a stick. Clever. I just have something against hitting a pinata that is a person. :)

The goal of this game is to put the flower sticker on Dora's flower bracelet. No bandanas needed because after telling Macy what to do with her sticker, you can see that she decided Dora needed a flower in her hair.

I know some of you have been anxiously awaiting what this years cake would look like. After calling five different places, Baskin Robbins promised me they could do a Dora cake that didn't look like it was airbrushed at the county fair. I was pleasantly surprised. After last year, it couldn't get any worse :). Even though I asked for orange and pink and got orange and blue, I didn't even care!

Macy blowing out her candles.

She had some great expressions opening her gifts this year (but on the other hand no poker face when she wasn't interested in something). I will have to add more pictures to this later. There are some good ones.

Ice cream cake! Macy kept saying "Mmmm, chocolate!" and "Delicioso!" (Told you she's into Dora!)

Macy quit opening her gifts to eat some cake and so I had to help her with the last few.
The crew of cousins.
There you have it! Such a fun day. A BIG thank you to Ryan and Rachel for letting us have the festivities at their house again, to Amanda for taking almost all our pictures, and to everyone for coming!

1 comment:

PSC said...

Sorry we missed the festivities, but it looks like it was a great day!