Sam and I rarely go out on dates. We spend time together at home after Macy goes to bed, but somehow going out doesn't happen all that often. I am pretty sure the last time we went out on a date was the day after Christmas (thanks to Hal and Kay). Not anymore! We went to a movie this afternoon and had a babysitter come and watch Macy. Why on earth do we not
do this more often?
A week after taking care of a hurt Macy was enough to get us out of the house... without her. And what better way to do it than to see Alice in Wonderland! Who doesn't love Johnny Depp or Tim Burton?! We both really liked the movie, even if we didn't get to see it in 3D. I was a little sad at first that it was quite different than the original movie but it quickly grew on me. All but the recurrent theme of poking eyeballs out in fight scenes. Come on! The only thing in my mind that would have made the movie better was getting David Bowie to do one of the character's voices. Wouldn't that be awesome?!
Here's to dates with husbands. Sometimes I think we forget that going out on dates is fun and refreshing... or else we would go out more often! Or maybe it's not that we forget, but that life gets in the way. Now that Macy is getting bigger it is a little easier for me to leave her with other people... which is good timing because I miss "real" dates with Sam!






4 comments:
Way to go Danielle. You know Macy is always welcome to play here if you ever want to have a date up in springdale.
I am so glad you got out. Dates are the best and so needed. Seriously and I mean it drop cute little Macy off here. I miss having little ones around and we have plenty of babysitters! her lips look as beautiful as ever. Glad she is feeling better. I love your blog Danielle. Glad you are posting more. I enjoy your pictures and writing.
We LOVED that movie! And we decided to watch it in 2D .. mainly because I'm not a big fan of 3D.
Hey Danielle! I'm sure you have seen enough of me today, but I thought I'd say hi anyway! :)
Post a Comment