Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's pie time! We had Thanksgiving at our house by ourselves this year. I will say that even though it would have been nice to see family, it was nice for us to have leftovers for a change :). I also like that I got to pick exactly what dishes/pies I wanted. Ashlee helped me with pie crusts and taught me how to make homemade rolls. Mmm


One pie down, two to go...


I made a pumpkin, apple and cherry pie. It took me forever and I had to call my mom a million times, but I did it. I was all proud of myself and even put a little dough apple on top of my apple pie...


Then my mom forwarded me pictures of my sister's pies.


Oh sure, bust out the food coloring why don't you...


No wonder my sister didn't show me these after I sent her pictures of my plain jane pies. A modest show off :).


Oh yeah Gabe, but did you make homemade rolls?! ;)


Doesn't this picture remind you of your kitchen on Thanksgiving? Or is it just mine? Dishes and food everywhere.


Then you have to hurry and clean everything up so you can eat for 20 minutes when it took you two days to cook it all! Macy made her own place setting this year along with a super cool turkey hat.



Look at those sweet faces. Two days of cooking, well worth it.

1 comment:

Sis. Connell said...

Hahaha, it doesn't matter what the pies look like, as long as they taste good! And I did NOT make rolls...your picture looks like it could go in a cookbook!