We went to the library today and Macy was excited to see she could participate in displaying something of her own on one of the bulletin boards. You can probably guess by the picture that each of the kids gets to write/say something they are thankful for on a feather, then the librarians add it to the turkey. We asked Macy what she was thankful for, and she cheerfully told the librarian, "Jesus!" I started to get teary at her sweet, little response. Maybe she does listen...
The funniest part of this whole feather thing is when the librarian actually stapled Macy's feather on the turkey. You can see Macy's orange feather in the upper right of the picture. Keep looking in the same direction toward the outer ring of feathers, and you'll see Macy's "I am thankful for Jesus" feather is right next to some kid's "I am thankful for guns" feather. I can't tell you how hard I laughed! To this kid's benefit, I think his feather really says he is thankful for "nerf guns."






No comments:
Post a Comment