Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas is more exciting with a two year old. Macy wrote a letter to Santa, well, Mom wrote it and Macy dictated it... and added her own coloring as well (pink and orange only, of course). Here's how it went...

Happy Dear Santa,
I am thankful for my food. I love my mom and dad.
I am thankful for baby Jesus.
I don't want to be on the naughty list. I want to be on the big girl list.
I would like a pig pillow pet.
I love you,
Macy

It's fun that Macy is starting to grasp the idea of Christmas morning, but not enough to remember it first thing in the morning so that I can wake up for a minute and get ready. Nice and selfish, I know. Let me live it up while I can, okay?


Stockings first! I learned my lesson last year and tried not to put as much stuff in Macy's stocking. I knew it would still be hard to move on to other gifts though. This is one of my favorite pictures of Macy. She looks so little and sweet. Like she used to be :). It makes me want to squeeze her.


Santa came through and brought a pink pig pillow pet. Santa had to order it online as his elves could not get any of the materials in their local stores.


We opened many of our gifts at Grandma and Grandpa's, and took the rest with us to Ryan and Rachel's.


Inseparable.


Isn't part of the fun of Christmas being able to check out everyone else's gifts? I'm not even sure whose gift this was :). Macy hoped it was hers.


But who needs gifts when you have stairs?


Hours of entertainment, and hopefully some learning. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Kaiser!


Speaking of hours of entertainment....


Checking out a Tag Reader book. We don't have time for smiles. This is serious.


The stairs never lost their awe and wonder.


We had Christmas dinner earlier in the day so the kiddos were ready for some macaroni and cheese now.


Eww.


Those who know Macy know that she loves cupcakes and is a little obsessed with making sure everyone has cupcakes on their birthdays. Why would Jesus be any different? :)


Blowing out Jesus' birthday candle after singing the birthday song.


So, this one will need a little explaining. We stayed and Grandma and Grandpa's house, but would usually end up at Ryan and Rachel's to hang out, play games, etc. with all the siblings. On several nights we tried to put Macy to bed in Addie and Liya's room so that we would be able to hang out longer. You can see how well it worked. We heard noise upstairs at one point (after both Sam and I made many threats) and Ryan went to investigate. He carried Macy downstairs looking like this. No one could keep a straight face. I swear she had pajamas on when we put her to bed! We finished our game and went back to Grandma and Grandpa's, to go to bed for the one hundredth time :).

No comments: