This is why we went to Salt Lake early this Christmas. Pretty good reason, huh? I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that Sarah and Percy decided to have Olivia's sealing in Salt Lake. We know they could have easily chosen Texas, but we are all happy they chose Utah! Doing adoption work for the last eight years has only made this moment even more special. I know the right babies go to the right families, every time. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, and no luck involved in adoption. The Lord's hand orchestrates each placement. Birth parents wouldn't be able to make the sacrifices they do without the Lord's help. I am so grateful for adoption and for the blessing it is to both the birth families and adoptive families. We are excited for Olivia to have her forever family!
Now, on a completely separate note... for anyone who is wondering, yes that is my husband standing next to me. Oh, the things I could say about his mountain man beard. Hate is not a strong enough word. It all started on Thanksgiving when he announced that the "season of the beard has begun early this year." What the what?! Thankfully, due to the family picture we would be taking two days after Christmas, he promised to shave it beforehand. It was either cut his hair or his beard. His hair won. Good choice, Sam.
Olivia and her daddy.
Love, love, love those cheeks and button nose.
I figure the pictures speak for themselves. She is adorable!
And now for the opposite of adorable, whatever that is :). Sam saw this picture and said, "Now that was one of my better moments." I think he was serious.






1 comment:
Danielle! I loved reading this! What a precious little girl! You are so right - Heavenly Father brings families together exactly as they should be. We are so grateful for that knowledge. Hoping to see you soon!
P.S. Sam makes me laugh! :)
Post a Comment