Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Gone Bad...

I was just going to carve Macy's pumpkin for her and let that be the end of it but then I thought maybe she should experience some of the fun. She was pretty happy until she decided to suck her thumb after playing with the pumpkin goo. I wiped her hands off but apparently not well enough and she started gagging. Yummy.

Sam got this great, big pumpkin and I was excited about all the options he had to make the coolest design. That is, until I saw what he chose! He said he was having trouble finding "motivation" and it shows because it looks like he just copied what I did for Macy but left the tooth out. So after I carved Macy's pumpkin, put Macy to bed, and carved Clowy's pumpkin, I finally started on my own. I chose the easiest thing I could because I was tired, and as I was giving Sam a hard time about his pumpkin I totally ruined mine! I cut out the entire outline of my candy corn instead of doing the three individual sections. I was laughing but probably should have been crying. So I then cut out the two divider lines and put them in place with toothpicks. It took forever. By the next day our 80 degree weather had caused my pumpkin to wilt and the sections fell out anyway. You can see it in this next picture.

I thought it would be appropriate to have some pumpkin spit up coming out of Macy's pumpkin.

No comments: