Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma "Macy"

Sorry to everyone else who is not my mom for this! Our voices are very professional, I know. For every birthday my family calls and sings happy birthday into the phone. We thought this year for my mom's 50th this message would be better :). Okay, so I thought it'd be better but Sam may think otherwise... especially when I showed up during his lunch to do the video. By the way, Macy and her bear are wearing their "Somebody in Ohio Loves Me" shirts. Since my sister and I obviously couldn't be with my mom for her birthday, we planned a few fun things for her. We sent Halloween flowers with black "Over the Hill" balloons to her work (and they were Halloween themed since it's her favorite holiday too... gee, wonder where I get it from?) and then this morning she woke up to 50 flamingos in her yard and a huge sign saying "Happy 50th Birthday, Robyn!" The best part is that they live on a busy street and people have been driving by and honking. I wish I could see it! Happy Birthday Mom/Grandma!

5 comments:

Amber! said...

We totally do the same thing!!! The phone call is more important than sending a birthday card in my book!
I can't believe how great you all look!
YOu neeed to totally visit my blog...(I am shameless in promoting it!)

Robin Sant said...

You are too cute Danielle. What a cute mom you are to do all of these fun things with Macy. We will be in St. George on Halloween, I really would like to come by and see you. Call Me. 705-3124

Celeste Dodge said...

Love the flamingos!!

Em said...

We do the same thing in our family! We will miss seeing your family on Halloween!! What are your plans for costumes?

Phillips Fam said...

So Justin told me about your song on your blog and I had to check it out. How cute!